Friday, May 28, 2010

Another New Post!

Hi, Smart Girl here! Guess what I've got for you today. Yep, you got it, a new post! Today I'm going to review G.K. Chesterton's The Innocence of Father Brown, so let's get started!

First, the synopsis. This is a collection of short stories, all featuring Father Brown, a small Roman Catholic priest who solves crimes. In Father Brown, there is only one repeating criminal, Flambeau. He commits quite a few crimes, but in the end, Father Brown always catches him. The Innocence of Father Brown is the first set of Father Brown stories Chesterton wrote.

Now, my opinion. I LOVE THIS BOOK! It is the best collection of Father Brown stories that Chesterton wrote. To spark your imaginations, those of you who haven't read it, let me give you some of the titles of the stories. Do The Invisible Man, The Queer Feet, and The Eye of Apollo sound good to you? If so, you are awesome. Those are my three favorite Father Brown stories I've read. Now, you might be thinking, well, those sound kind of scary. They aren't. That's why I love Father Brown so much. He's never in real danger, because nobody ever tries to kill him or anything similar. There are other collections of Father Brown, like The Wisdom of Father Brown. A good version of The Innocence and The Wisdom is the Barnes and Noble Library of Essential Reading. Now, before I wrap this up, let me tell you something. After you finish reading this post, go to a bookstore and buy some version of this book.

Best Read by Ages:Anyone who likes good, mild mysteries
Official Smart Girl Grade: A+

Before I go, I would like to note that I love Chesterton. Also, I'll just be doing random things, not like long series. That's all for now, Smart Girl.

3 comments:

  1. how does "the queer feet" sound good?! you are soooooo weird smartgirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll read it anyway, though...for you.

    ReplyDelete