Monday, June 21, 2010

Redwall

Hi everybody. Long time no see. Sorry about that. So, anyway, for my first summer post I am going to review Redwall. Not the series, the book by that name. So, on with the show!

First, the synopsis. In this one, the first of the series, there is a giant rat named Cluny the Scourge who is heading toward the fair abbey of Redwall. Meanwhile, at Redwall, there is a young mouse named Matthias who wants to become the abbey warrior in what everybody thinks is a time of peace. However, it soon turns out that Cluny, who everybody thought was just a fairy tale, is very real and wants to conquer Redwall. Redwall has the spirit of Martin the Warrior, and he is the only one who can pick the true abbey warrior. Who will he pick? And can they defeat the horrible Cluny the Scourge? If you want to find out, READ THE BOOK BECAUSE I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU!

Now, my opinion. I think this book is REALLY, REALLY GOOD. It is the perfect blend of action, slight romance, and humor. If you don't like romance, don't worry, it's not all kissy-kissy. I really like, and really hate how Brian Jacques goes back and forth between the good guys and the bad guys (something he does in all the books). I really hate it because he'll get to something exciting, and when you turn the page, you're reading about someone different. This is really annoying when you first read the book. Note: this is the first one he wrote, so start with this one, then read the others in any order at all. Just so you know though, there are others that are chronologically before this, and you can start with others. In fact, I started with a different one. In short, this is a good book.

Best Read by Ages: 8 and up
Official Smart Girl Grade: A+

Just before I go, I'm going to tell you that I will do some of my favorite Redwall books, but not all of them. That's all for now, Smart Girl.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to check this one out- what is your favorite Brian Jacques book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started this book, and sorry, but i hated it. however, i agree with you about hating the back and forth thing. i hate that in another book, too-Peter and the Starcatchers.

    ReplyDelete