Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Half Blood Prince

Now we're close to the end of the series, the sixth book. Just this one, and then we'll be done with the longest series I've rated so far.

First, the synopsis. In this one, two shocking things happen. First, we get a new potions master, Horace Slughorn, and second, Severus Snape gets the job he's wanted for, as far as we know, roughly five years. Yes, that's right, this year the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is .... Severus Snape. The man who we've learned to hate is the teacher of Harry's favorite subject. Anyway, moving on, in Harry's least favorite subject, Harry has a book that belongs to the "Half Blood Prince" and it has some very interesting tips, which make Harry even better than Hermione at Potions. Not surprisingly, Hermione is suspicious about Harry's book. So, being Hermione, she naturally goes to the library and looks up the "Half Blood Prince."

Next, after that long synopsis, my opinion. I think that this book is very sad at the end, and not quite like the others, sort of like the seventh book. Although, this isn't a bad book, it doesn't distinguish itself in my eyes. I just think it's sort of a filler book to get ready for the seventh.

Best Read by Ages: 8 and up
Official Smart Girl Grade: A-

As one last note before I go, I think we might have a visitor soon. That's all for now, Smart Girl.

1 comment:

  1. A great point about it being a filler book, though I did like getting to know Snape a little better.

    ReplyDelete