Friday, March 26, 2010

The Prisoner of Azkaban

Now, I'm doing The Prisoner of Azkaban, the third in the Harry Potter series.

First, the synopsis. In this one, the danger increases. Sirius Black has escaped from Azkaban, the wizard prison, and Harry keeps seeing a strange sight, a huge black dog. Hermione gets a cat, and Ron gets upset about Crookshanks, the cat. Scabbers the rat keeps acting very oddly. He seems very nervous about something, but we can't seem to figure what he's upset about. Harry learns something new about his family.

Now, my opinion. I think this is the last of the "Happier Harry," because in #s 4-7, Harry seems just very angry. I like Sirius and I think Ms. Rowling comes up with a great way to create a mini-adventure within the main adventure.

Best Read by Ages: 8 and up
Official Smart Girl Grade: A

That's all for now, Smart Girl.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the real brilliance of these books, besides the writing, is the fact that she matures the characters and the stories with each book. I remember being stunned by just how dark this book felt at the beginning, and how that carried through most of the book. I like your comment about it being the last of the Happy Harry books, that's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite character in this book is crookshanks. who's yours, sg?

    ReplyDelete