Thursday, March 11, 2010

The New Series

Finally, the new series. And the new series is..... the Harry Potter series! We'll start off with The Sorcerer's Stone.

First, the synopsis. This one is about a boy who finds out he's a wizard. He goes to a wizard school called Hogwarts. In the wizard world, he finds out that he is famous. Everybody knows his name. He also finds out that his parents were killed, not by a car crash, but by an evil wizard named .... Voldemort. There, I said it, now don't make me say it again. "You-know-who" is back, and he wants to finish the Potter family........

Now, my opinion. I think this book is a VERY GOOD BOOK. If you have not even heard of Harry Potter or J.K. Rowling, your life is pathetic. I'm sorry, but it is very true. Ron is incredibly funny, and Hermione is such a know-it-all, but I wouldn't like her any other way.

Best Read by Ages: 8 and up
Official Smart Girl Grade: A+

Sorry to keep you wondering, that's all for now, Smart Girl.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I think it's hard to beat this book as an introduction to a series. And Hermione has to be one of the greatest fictional characters of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book too, and was recently considering re-reading my collection. Even with the influence of the movies, Rowling's writing is so good that her work will be fresh for at least another few reads. I have several books like that; they sit on the shelf for a few years and then it is like visiting an old friend when you re-read them.

    ReplyDelete