Friday, March 5, 2010

The Last Olympian

Hi, Smart Girl here, and today we are finally going to finish the Percy Jackson series and tomorrow we'll start an even longer series!

First, the synopsis. In this one, Percy and friends are stuck on guard duty for all of Manhattan. All the mortals are asleep, and Kronos's army is coming. Several people die, and will it all end happily? The half-bloods are faced with their toughest challenge yet. Will they survive? Well, if you want to be lazy, nice try, but you're going to have to read the book. Oh, the horror! How will you ever survive!

Now, my opinion. VERY GOOD BOOK! This one is very high on my list. If you haven't read this, put down this computer, (or get up if you're on a desktop) and, if necessary, go to the bookstore and buy it, and READ THIS BOOK! I like how everyone got a good role. Rachel, who I'm sorry I forgot to mention in the last post, gets a nice place, and I think it's obvious what happens with Percy and Annabeth. Even Luke gets a good ending. This is, without a question, the Luke book.


Best Read by Ages: 8 and up.
Official Smart Girl Grade: A+

That's all for now, Smart Girl.

3 comments:

  1. I like how you mentioned who you thought of as the main character in each book.

    Two of my favorite characters that didn't get much mention in these posts were Nico and Clarisse. The one thing Percy embraced and understood was the need for all of the Gods and all of the Gods children to work together instead of against each other, and Nico and Clarisse probably represent that clash better than anybody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the next series. I'm hoping it will be a review of the Danny Dunn series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having read all the books, but a while ago and therefore forgotten some of the details, I really enjoyed your encapsulations, Smart Girl. Like Matthew, I also appreciate how you identified each book with a main character. I had not thought of the books that way, but when I read your final review, that interpretation makes a lot of sense.

    So, I am eagerly awaiting your next series. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete