Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Goblet of Fire

Now, Smart Girl's Guide to Books proudly presents, The Goblet of Fire.

First, the synopsis. In this one, we go to the Quidditch World Cup, where we find out that there are wizards in other countries, even America! We also learn that something is going to happen at Hogwarts. That something is the Triwizard cup, a competition between the three major wizarding schools in Europe. Harry's name is drawn, but there are two problems with that. First, there was an age line around the Goblet which made it impossible for Harry to get across, and second, there was already a champion from Hogwarts.

Now, my opinion. I think that this one is over credited. I know, I know, everybody says that this one is really good, and that it's the best one, but I just don't agree. I like the Chamber of Secrets better. This one is not as exciting as the Chamber of Secrets, because this one seems like each task is an adventure in itself, so there isn't as much leading up to the final battle.

Best Read by Ages: 8 and up
Official Smart Girl Grade: A-

That's all for now, Smart Girl.

2 comments:

  1. I like this one, but really only see it as a transitional book. This book sets us up for the darkness that will follow in the next three. As I've said I think that the brilliance of these books is how they progress and this book is the perfect middle piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete