Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Sea of Monsters

Following yesterday's The Lightning Thief, I'm going to review the sequel, The Sea of Monsters.

First, the synopsis. It's about Percy Jackson, like the last one, who this time finds out that he has a cyclops for a half-brother. Also, he finds out that his best friend has been kidnapped by Polyphemus. He goes off to rescue his best friend and save the tree that protects Camp Half-Blood.

Now, my opinion. I think this one is also very good. I think that the author was very clever to include part of The Odyssey. I also like how he made real people half-bloods. I don't, however, think that the storyline is as good as The Lightning Thief's. But I do like how he put old myths in the story.

Best Read by Ages: 8 and up.
Official Smart Girl Grade: A-

Also, a note about the weekdays. I will not be posting as much on the weekdays, so don't expect many posts on the weekdays.

That's all for now, Smart Girl.

2 comments: