Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Lightning Thief

The first book I'm going to rate is The Lighting Thief by Rick Riordan, since the movie came out last weekend.

First, the synopsis. It's about a boy named Percy Jackson who discovers that he is half-Greek god, and that the Greek gods still exist. He must go on a quest to find Zeus's Master Bolt and return it to Mount Olympus by the Summer Solstice, because otherwise there will be a war that "Will make the Trojan War look like a water-balloon fight", between the gods. Zeus on one side, and Poseidon on the other.

Now, my opinion. I think this book is awesome. If you have not read it you should. It is funny and has lots of action. I like the book better than the movie, because according to what I've heard, they really messed up the movie. But, most importantly, I think that you should read the book before you see the movie.

Best read by ages: 8 and up.
Official Smart Girl grade: A

That's all for now, Smart Girl.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah even though I think his writing improves as the book series goes along, this first book is probably the best in the series.

    I really want to see the movie, but haven't had a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this book has the awesomest chapter names

    ReplyDelete