Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Lost Hero

Hi everybody, Smart Girl here. I am going to do something amazing. I am going to review a non-Redwall book. Said book is, if you haven't figured it out from the title, Rick Riordan's new book, The Lost Hero.

First, the synopsis. Jason is a demigod, (what a shock!) but he's unique. Not only is he a demigod, he's lost virtually all of his memories. He has two friends, Leo, (demigod) and Piper. (Another demigod.) Then, something amazing happens. We meet an old friend, (hint, Yankees hat!) ... Annabeth! We find out that Leo is a son of Hephaestus, Jason's a son of Zeus (technically Jupiter), and Piper's a daughter of ... .............?! (This was a huge shocker to me, so I'll let you find out yourselves.) Then, oh, by the way, now they're at Camp Half-Blood; they get a quest. (This sounds strangely familiar...) They go an the quest to rescue Hera. (Annabeth does not come.)

Now, my opinion. After that long synopsis, I get to say what I think. I like this book, hilarious, and you will NOT believe who Piper is the daughter of. However, I like Percy Jackson better. I don't like the Roman gods, and Jason isn't as funny as Percy. Piper and Leo are tied with Annabeth and Grover, respectively. I still think it's a good book, and can't wait for the next one.

Best Read by Ages: 8 and up
Official Smart Girl Grade: A

Well, I typed a lot today, but thankfully, that's all for now, Smart Girl.

3 comments:

  1. SPOILER ALERT!!! SPOILER ALERT!

    PIPER IS A DAUGHTER OF APHRODITE! IT IS SO AWESOME! AND JASON IS THALIA'S BROTHER. EPICNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    BYE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this now. Can't wait to see how it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this book. Now I'm really curious to see if the next book is a parallel story to this one, or if the story moves forward.

    ReplyDelete