Saturday, October 30, 2010

Chasing Lincoln's Killer

Hi everybody, Smart Girl here. This is an unusual post because it is my first nonfiction review. So, bear with me. This one is going to be about Chasing Lincoln's Killer by James L. Swanson. Let's get started!

First, the synopsis. This book, if you couldn't guess by the title, is about the hunt for John Wilkes Booth, as well as the story of his plans and how they succeeded and failed. It starts before the assassination and ends with John Wilkes Booth's death. It tells how he assassinates, escapes and dies. It also tells the stories of not-so-successful assassination attempts of other people.

Now, my opinion. I really like this book. It's a unique book because it's actually a children's version of Swanson's first book, Manhunt. (Smart Mom says if you want more details, read Manhunt.) I think that it was a great idea to make a children's version of an adult book. I really enjoyed reading this, and I hope that he does it for his new book, Bloody Crimes. (Smart Mom says Bloody Crimes, which is about Lincoln's funeral train, isn't as dramatic as Manhunt.)

Best Read by Ages: 8 to about 14 (Older people would be better off with Manhunt.)
Official Smart Girl Grade: A+

Well, for my first nonfiction, I think it went well. That's all for now, Smart Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment