Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Sable Quean

Hi chaps! Oh, H'I say, it's been a jolly long time since Smart Girl has done a bally post, wot wot! Well, now I'll cut the act and get down to business. (By the way, that is the accent of most Salamanstron hares. They are in most Redwall books.) Ironically, the main character of the next book is a Salamanstron hare. So now, on with... The Sable Quean.

First, the synopsis. In this one, the main character is Buckler, the Salamanstron blademaster, the best since his grandfather. He wants adventure, so the badger lord sent him on a journey. In the course of the trip, they find out that someone is kidnapping young ones from all over Mossflower. It turns out to be Vilaya, the Sable Quean. Buckler finds out that Vilaya's commander, Zwilt the Shade, killed and robbed his brother, nearly killed his sister in law, and kidnapped their young children. So, will the young ones be rescued, and will Buckler avenge his brother, or will all be lost? If you read it, you'll find out.

Now, my opinion. I think that this one is in the middle. I really like Buckler, but I just don't like this one as much as others, like Redwall and Mariel of Redwall. It just doesn't have that zing feeling that the others do. However, that doesn't mean that it's a bad book. It just isn't in my top five. So, I still recommend it for people who like good books.

Just as an unrelated note, I won't be doing any of the Twilight series, that's all for now, Smart Girl.

1 comment:

  1. what's with the accent?!!? next time you do a book with foreign characters, make the accent less...british. bye!

    ReplyDelete